Cleaning the home for some people can be annoying and people sometimes do it just for the sake of it.
Though that is a necessity studies show that cleaning can be one type of therapy and can give a person a sense of control over their life.
The biggest complaint is that the cleaning process take too much time out of the day and in just a short while the place is dirty once more. These 43 hacks and tips can really help you in making the cleaning in your home more fun and effective.
These tips will help you save time and energy and enjoy a lovely clean home.
- You can increase the effectiveness of alkaline cleaners in the bathroom by filling the tub with hot water. That will steam and heat up the bathroom and help with the cleaning.
- Hang your mops and brooms to prevent dust and mildew.
- Clean your oven hood with baking soda and boiling water.
- Use a seam ripper to remove hair from the vacuum.
- You can safely clean the vacuum filters in the dishwashing machine.
- Microwave the cleaning sponge and cloth to kill bacteria and microbes.
- Use magic erasers to lean the keyboard.
- Canner air can remove dust from the exhaust fans.
- Kool-Aid can help in cleaning the dishes in the washing machine.
- Clean tile floors with WD-40.
- Use vanilla extract in your oven in order to have a nice smelling aroma in the home.
- Use a paintbrush to dust the lightbulbs in the home.
- Clean the mattress with baking soda and stain remover.
- Use the old fabric softeners sheets to clean baseboards.
- Make a mixture of white vinegar and water in order to remove carpet stains. Just pour it on the afflicted area, place a rag over it and iron.
- Clean the front of the cabinet doors with baking soda and vegetable oil.
- Remove any sticky residue with baking soda and coconut oil.
- A lint roller can help you clean lapmshades.
- Finish wiping the windows with newspaper to get streak free results.
- Use a hair catcher on the shower drain to prevent it from clogging.
- Tartar sauce and water are very effective when cleaning metallic appliances.
- Scrub the inside of the toaster with an old toothbrush.
- Clean out the washing machine with a mixture of water, bleach and white vinegar.
- Put antibacterial soap on the toilet brush to prevent the bacteria from multiplying.
- Polish chrome with wax paper.
- Clean the window tracks with cotton buds soaked in white vinegar.
- Fill a plastic bag with white vinegar and water and attach it to the shower head to make it look like new!
- Use an old pillowcase to dust the fan blades.
- Run the iron through a layer of salt while using the stem setting.
- Use a cotton ball soaked in alcohol to remove dust from candles.